UEE40411 – Certificate IV in Electrical Instrumentation
51178 & 52698
7:30AM – 4:30PM
Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide
- To enhance students’ PLC and electrical instrumentation skills
- To provide students’ exposure to process instrumentation and control used in the industry
- To give an edge to enter into the oil and gas or mineral processing industry which uses PLC interfaces with HART compliant field instrumentation.
Full Qualification – UEE40411 Cert IV Electrical Instrumentation
Students will be entitled to a full qualification provided they have:
– an unrestricted electrical license issued by a state or Territory and
– successfully prove competence in both theoretical and practical training, and
– complete all units of competency in the training package (refer http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/UEE40411).
This qualification provides competencies in process and control to select, install, commission, fault find and maintain electrical and instrumentation equipment in buildings, premises, instrumentation systems and core instrumentation equipment. It includes ERAC requirements for an ‘Electrician’s licence’
This post-trade professional development gap training is aimed at and encourages candidates who would like to gain exposure in or enhance their PLC and Process Instrumentation skills. If you are looking for a career growth, doing this course gives you the edge to enter into oil and gas industry or mineral processing industry which uses PLC interfaces with HART field instrumentation.
A current electrical license (any Australian state or territory) is required as this course is post-trade training.
Electrical engineers who meet the pre-requisites for PLC and Instrumentation units will be issued Statement of Attainment for the units they have successfully completed.
Delivered at one of PMV’s national training centres – Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide; or at a client’s facility. This training is eligible for higher skill funding and rebates. Look in the funding section for more details.
Blended delivery of 50% theory and 50% practical training with equipment that you are likely to see in a typical modern industrial environment with HART rated instrumentation and final control elements with PLC control system.
You will undergo one-on-one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Electrical Professional Trainers in the following areas on the purpose-built hazardous areas and instrumentation skids/ facilities with HART compliant field instruments and Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
1. Pressure (suppression/elevation of transmitter)
2. Level Radar / Ultrasonic configuration
3. Conductivity level configuration
4. Flow – configuration and control including Magnetic flow meter operations
5. Calibration of Temperature Transmitter with RTD and Thermocouple
6. Program digital and analog PLC. Download, test and fault find PLC program on PLC hardware
7. Configuration of smart devices via HART Modem and Hand-Held Configurator
8. Reading P&ID and 2 and 4 Wire loop drawings. Verify the drawings against as installed equipment
PMV offers a small size class with flexible training to accommodate difficult rosters / work schedules. If you are searching for career growth and professional development, this industry oriented course will help you leverage our decades of expertise and resources to get trained in state-of-art technologies in PLC and Process Instrumentation skills,
Funding may be available for eligible participants (QLD only).
Higher Level Skill Funding is available from the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) in Brisbane and QLD Region for eligible participants only.
Student must be aware that they will no longer be eligible for another government-subsidised training place under the Higher Level Skills program once they have completed one certificate IV level or higher qualification.
Course cost is $1750*
*All units taught by PMV in this qualification cost $58.33 each, the remaining course fees are distributed evenly to cover admin fees, service fees and student resources (this includes cost for RPL or CT for G105A and its 17 prerequisite units).
Use the enquiry form to contact us for more details.
WorkReady South Australia Funding is available from the Government of South Australia in Adelaide and SA Region for eligible participants only
Course cost is $2,000*
Contact the office for further details
Funding may be available for eligible participants (WA only).
Priority Industry Training is available from the Department of Training and Workforce Development (DTWD), through PIT Funding we are able to offer a heavily subsidised price on priority qualifications to prepare participants to take up jobs in skilled occupations that are in high demand across Western Australia.
Duration: 12 days of training**
Use the enquiry form to contact us for more details.
**Please note – All participants must have at least 3 weeks of relevant work experience to be verified by a qualified supervisor. Participants are responsible for gaining their own experience and may complete this experience before, in parallel to, or after the 12 days of training provided by PMV.
*Training cost will be charged in compliance with VET Fees and Charges Policy 2020.
*The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.