UEE42611 – Certificate IV in Hazardous Areas Electrical
51178 & 52698
7:30AM – 4:30PM
Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide
- To undertake work on Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas (EEHA) that meets the requirements of AS/NZS 60079.14 and AS/NZS 60079.17.
- To read Ex rated equipment Name plate and Certificate of Conformity
- To select, install, test, maintain and inspection Ex equipment
- To make an Ex d Barrier Gland
- To obtain isolations and undertake detailed inspection of Ex installation
Full qualification – UEE42611 Cert IV Hazardous Areas Electrical
Students who hold an unrestricted electrical license issued by a state or Territory and are successfully competent in both theoretical and practical training, completing all units of competency in the training package (refer http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/UEE42611), will receive the full qualification
Hazardous Areas Electrical qualification provides competencies to select, install, test, maintain and inspect electrical equipment in hazardous locations (EEHA) in a gas and dust atmospheres. It includes ERAC requirements for an ‘Electrician’s licence’.
This course is for electrical workers involved in the “hands-on” side of hazardous area electrical work, i.e. the installation, maintenance or inspection of EEHA. Electricians and instrument technicians are the most common attendees, but we also train electrical engineers who perform inspections as part of their role. The course covers the theory and practice of field work in hazardous areas.
The course is post-trade training, so we require a current unrestricted electrical license (any Australian state or territory) or instrumentation trade certificate as a pre-requisite. Electrical engineers meet the pre-requisites for the inspection related units only.
Blended delivery of 60% theory and 40% practical training with EEHA equipment that you are likely to see in a typical hazardous area industrial environment – oil, gas and mineral processing industry. The course includes in-class progressive assessment; short answer tests on hazardous area fundamentals; equipment marking; equipment certification; and, device interpretation.
You will undergo one on one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Electrical Professional Trainers with hands on experience in installation, inspection and remediation work in Hazardous areas. The training will include inspection on the purpose-built hazardous areas skids in the following areas:
1. Principles and classification;
2. Explosion-protection techniques;
3. Standards and Codes of practice
4. Reading and understanding hazardous area classification drawings
5. Name plate reading exercise for Ex d, Ex e and Ex i
6. Reading Certificate of Conformity
7. Equipment selection, installation, breakdowns and maintenance requirements;
8. permit to work and safe isolations and testing;
9. Making up of Ex d Barrier Gland
10. Detailed inspection on Ex e/Ex d box and Ex i loop on PMV Hazardous Areas Skids
PMV offers a small size class with flexible training to accommodate difficult rosters / work schedules.
Funding may be available for eligible participants (WA only).
Priority Industry Training is available from the Department of Training and Workforce Development (DTWD), through PIT Funding we are able to offer a heavily subsidised price on priority qualifications to prepare participants to take up jobs in skilled occupations that are in high demand across Western Australia.
Duration: 6 days of training**
Use the enquiry form to contact us for more details.
**Please note – All participants must have at least 3 weeks of relevant work experience to be verified by a qualified supervisor. Participants are responsible for gaining their own experience and may complete this experience before, in parallel to, or after the 6 days of training provided by PMV.
*Training cost will be charged in compliance with VET Fees and Charges Policy 2020.
*The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.