UEE42211 – Certificate IV in Instrumentation and Control
7:30AM – 4:30PM
Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide
- To enhance the participants PLC and Process Instrumentation skills
- To enhance the participants digital and analog electronic problem-solving skills
- To enhance the participants testing, fault finding and commissioning systems
- To give participant’s an edge to enter into the oil and gas or mineral processing industry which uses PLC interfaces with HART compliant field instrumentation
A) Full qualification – UEE42211 Certificate IV Instrumentation and Control
Candidates who hold an UEE31211 – Certificate III in instrumentation and Control and are successfully competent in both theoretical and practical training, completing all units of competency in the training package, will receive the full qualification.
B) Statement of Attainment (SOA)
This Statement is issued to a student who has successfully completed one or more units of competency but does not meet the requirements for a full qualification e.g. Graduate Electrical Engineers.
This qualification provides competencies to select, install, set up, test, fault find, repair, maintain and commission systems and devices for measurement and recording of physical/chemical phenomenon and related process control systems.
All candidates interested in learning or up-skilling their PLC programming, HMI, and HART field Instrumentation skills in calibration, testing and fault finding are encouraged to undertake this post-trade professional development gap training course.
A current electrical license (any Australian state or territory) or UEE31211 – Certificate III in instrumentation and Control, is preferred but not essential.
Delivered at one of PMV’s national training centres – Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide; or at a client’s facility.
Blended delivery of 40% theory and 60% practical training with equipment that you are likely to see in a typical modern industrial control environment with HART rated instrumentation, final control elements with PLC control system.
You will undergo one on one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Control System Professional Trainers. The training would include the following technologies on a purpose-built instrumentation skid/ facilities and control system with HART compliant field instruments, Siemens or Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
1. Pressure (suppression/elevation of transmitter)
2. Level Radar / Ultrasonic configuration
3. Diagnose and rectify faults in digital controls systems
4. Flow – configuration and control including Magnetic flow meter operation
5. Calibration of Temperature loops with RTD and Thermocouples
6. Calibration of Flow Control through a Pump or Control valves and operation and working with Variable Speed Drive (VSD)
7. Program digital and analog Siemens or Allen Bradley PLC. Download, test and fault find PLC program on PLC hardware
8. Configuration of smart devices via HART Modem and Hand-Held Configurator,
9. Reading P&ID and 2 and 4 Wire loop drawings. Verify the drawings against as installed equipment
10. Calibration of the field instruments; installing instruments; fault finding;
11. Fault find and repair analogue circuits and components in electronic control systems
PMV offers a small size class with flexible training to accommodate difficult rosters / work schedules.