UEE51011 - Diploma of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
7:30AM – 4:30PM
Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide
- To enhance participant’s PLC + HMI, Instrumentation and industrial networking skills in configuring, testing, fault finding in multiple loops connected to a live process
- To enhance the participants digital and analog electronic problem-solving skills
- To develop industrial electronics and control projects specification, estimate projects and prepare tender submissions
- To modify-redesign and commission industrial controls system
- To open more doors for you in areas of instrumentation and control engineering authority, plant integrity and supervisory roles.
A) Full qualification – UEE51011 Diploma of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
Candidates who hold an UEE51011 – Diploma of Instrumentation and Control Engineering and are successfully competent in both theoretical and practical training, completing all units of competency in the training package, will receive the full qualification.
B) Statement of Attainment (SOA)
This Statement is issued to a student who has successfully completed one or more units of competency but does not meet the requirements for a full qualification e.g. Graduate Electrical Engineers.
This qualification provides competencies to install, set up, test, develop, select, commission, maintain and diagnose faults/malfunctions of equipment and systems for the measurement, recording, monitoring and control of physical/chemical phenomenon and related process control systems.
All candidates interested in learning or up-skilling their PLC + HMI configuration and programming, testing, fault finding in multiple loops connected to a live process field Instrumentation are encouraged to undertake this post-trade professional development gap training course.
A current electrical license (any Australian state or territory) or UEE31211 – Certificate III in instrumentation and Control, is preferred but not essential
Delivered at one of PMV’s national training centres – Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide; or at a client’s facility.
Blended delivery of 40% theory and 60% practical training with equipment that you are likely to see in a typical modern industrial control environment with HART rated instrumentation, final control elements with PLC control system.
You will undergo one on one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Control System Professional Trainers. The training would include the following technologies on a purpose-built instrumentation skid/ facilities and control system with HART compliant field instruments, Siemens or Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
1. Configure, maintain and diagnose faults/malfunctions in industrial control system networks
2. Develop and test code for microcontroller devices
3. Diagnose and rectify faults in digital controls systems
4. Calibration of the field instruments; installing instruments; fault finding;
5. Fault find and repair analogue circuits and components in electronic control systems
6. Modify-redesign and commission industrial control system
7. To develop industrial electronics and control projects specification
8. Estimate projects and prepare tender submissions
9. To develop and implement energy sector maintenance programs and facilitate continuous improvement
10. To evaluate performance of low voltage electrical apparatus
PMV offers a small size class with flexible training to accommodate difficult rosters / work schedules.