PLC Automation Short Course - Advanced
RTO# 51178 & RTO# 52698
7:30AM – 4:30PM
5 Days (Mon-Fri)
Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide
- In this course participants will write, test and troubleshoot programs for sequential process applications using the Siemens S7-300 series controller. Functional requirements include operator control, status indication, alarms, equipment maintenance policy, process data, fault diagnostics, and safety policy.
UEENEEI152A : Develop, enter and verify programs in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems
UEENEEI113A: Setup and configure Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and industrial networks
On successful completion of training and assessment, students who have already completed the UEENEEE101A, UEENEEI150A and UEENEEI151A covered under “PMV PLC and Automation – Short Course 1”, will be issued a Statement of Attainment with the following units of competency, listed above:
This a post-trade professional development course for candidates who would like to gain exposure in and enhance their PLC and process control skills. In the PLC 2 course we will be using
- Siemens S7-300 controllers and the software Step 7;
- Allan Bradley Micrologix 1000 controllers and RSlogix Micro-starter lite software
This course is designed for electricians, electrical technicians, maintenance personnel, and machine design engineers and those who need to or wish to familiarise themselves with sequence control, process data and safety applications.
Delivered at one of PMV’s national training centres (Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane), or at a client’s facility.
Blended delivery of 30% theory and 70% practical training with what you are likely to see in a typical modern industrial environment with PLC control system.
- Intensive hands-on installation, fault finding and commissioning experience
- Quality time with PMV trainers to review the theory and discuss feedback on theory assessment
- Practical exercises as part of the competency-based training outcome.
You will undergo one on one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Electrical Professional Trainers. This will be in the following technologies on a purpose-built instrumentation skid/ facilities and control system with HART compliant field instruments and Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
The course covers:
- State sequencer design techniques
- State sequencer programming
- Program organisation and documentation
- Ladder Diagram (LD), Structured Text (ST) and Sequential Function Chart (SFC) programming languages
- Data monitor and trace tools
- Process data including machine cycle time and idle time
- HMI screen configuration
- Alarm set up
- Introduction to machine safety requirements
- Integrating safety functions with the control system.
- Using simulation tools for testing programs
- Download, test and fault find PLC program on PLC hardware
Entering and displaying analogue values and normalising analogue values