Solar Grid Connect PV Design + Install
9AM – 5PM
Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide
- To provide a pathway for electricians to Clean Energy Council Grid Connected PV Design and Installation Accreditation.
- To design, install, configure, test and commission grid connected power supply systems.
UEENEEK125A Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus
UEENEEK135A Design grid connected power supply systems
UEENEEK148A Install, configure and commission grid-connected power supply systems
Statement of Attainment provides competencies to undertake to design, install, configure, test and commission grid connected power supply systems to AS/NZS 5033:2014. Students will need to have access to the AS/NZS 5033:2014
On obtaining the Statement of Attainment, the student can then apply to the Clean Energy Council of Australia for the Design & Installation of Grid-Connect PV Systems Accreditation. The Clean Energy Council has information on their website indicating their information requirements to apply for Clean Energy Council Accreditation. www.solaraccreditation.com.au.
This course is designed for electricians who already hold an electrician’s qualification, and wish to further their skills by gaining a qualification to design and install grid-connected photovoltaic systems.
Delivered at one of PMV’s national training centres (Perth, Brisbane & Adelaide), or at a client’s facility.
Blended delivery of 50% theory and 50% practical training in a range of activities and PV system components that you are likely to see in a typical domestic grid connected PV System.
- Intensive hands-on installation, fault finding and commissioning experience
- Quality time with PMV trainers to review the theory and discuss feedback on theory assessment
- Practical exercises as part of the competency based training outcome.
You will undergo theory and hands-on practical training with qualified professional Electricians and Engineers who have been practicing in the PV Solar energy industry for over 30 years. The course covers the following topics:
1. Design grid connected power supply systems and select compatible components
2. Shading Analysis (Path Finder and Sun path diagram)
3. Install systems on different types of roofs
4. Installation of rails, modules and DC Isolator (de-energized) and finer points of installation
5. Demonstration of pre commissioning tests (Short circuit test, Insulation resistance test etc.)
6. Commissioning and Decommissioning a system
7. Fault-finding on a system
There is a written design project on the completion of face-to-face delivery and assessment